There are two general approaches to improving the look of a kitchen. One is to seek out affordable products that look nice, while the other is to seek out products that will continue to look nice and stay functional for a decade or more. The Kohler Sensate touchless kitchen faucet falls into the latter category.
Although this faucet may be an investment for some households, it does provide the high-quality features that make it an excellent option. Professionals take note of these key points.
- Response technologies within this faucet help it to provide a response to the user in as little as 20 milliseconds.
- The manufacturer has created a precision activation window to stop false activations from happening, which can be a problem with other faucet types with sensors.
- The magnetic docking system, called DockNetik, provides a smooth user experience and locks the spray head securely in place without any hassle.
- ProMotion features make the up and down motion of using the faucet be fluid and natural, which makes it a lot easier to complete kitchen chores.
- There are 5 finish options available with this model, allowing almost every home to create the customized look they desire in the kitchen.
Touch controls are located on the spray head as well, providing an option to move between spray and stream sprays. Although a little splash out of a shallow basin does occur, the Kohler Sensate does an excellent job of supporting personal activities in the kitchen.
What You Need to Know About the Kohler Sensate
There is a design element with this kitchen faucet that is extremely helpful for the average kitchen, either residential or commercial. The nozzles on the spray head are angled differently, allowing for “water blades” to be created. This design makes it a lot easier to sweep through and clean a sink full of dishes while still having the power to fill a pan with water very quickly.
Even though this is a touchless model, there aren’t any batteries that users will need to worry about when using the Kohler Sensate. It operates with a standard AC power resource, so users need access to an outlet in or around their sink.
The finish is super solid, resisting corrosion and wear under regular use. It is a responsive faucet that installs easily, looks great, and meets most low-flow regulations that are currently in place.
Our Grade for the Kohler Sensate
The Kohler Sensate touchless kitchen faucet earns a 7.9 on our 10-point scale.
There are some long-term concerns that may creep up for users in heavy-use homes. The solenoid within this faucet tends to need a replacement within the first few years after it has been installed. To make matters worse, if Kohler believes the user has gone beyond “normal” use of the faucet, the warranty may not be applied.
For most homes, we see this Kohler faucet being a solid investment into a future kitchen that looks fantastic. It may not work well in certain circumstances, but from an overall standpoint, it does get the job done very well.
Click here to find the best price on Amazon.